Today I came home to a little hot pink package sitting at my door step. Being the impatient, tracking-obsessed person that I am, I was already expecting it. For those of you who are not familiar with Birchbox, it’s a monthly subscription service that sends a box of 5-6 beauty samples to your door for a total of $10. Each box typically contains 1-2 deluxe sized samples, plus a few more smaller sized samples and packets. Sometimes there will even be a full size product, like this month (I will go into more details shortly). To subscribe, simply go to the Birchbox website and sign up. You will be asked to fill out a beauty profile, which I highly encourage you to do so. There are a variety of boxes that are sent out each month, and the content of the box often depends on your responses to the beauty profile. For example, if you filled out the survey with dry skin and oily hair and anti-aging concerns, then you will most likely receive products that are targeted towards those specific characteristics.
I first heard about Birchbox through Ingrid’s Youtube Channel, and six months (boxes) later, I must say that I am absolutely in love with this service! I was a bit skeptical at first because I was worried that I would receive many products that I don’t care for or can’t use (I have sensitive and breakout prone skin), and that the $10 would be wasted. However, since you can cancel the subscription at any time without any hassle, I figured that I will take the risk and give it a shot. And boy am I glad that I did! I honestly have never regretted it and did not even once consider cancelling! There were definitely months when I received more products that I liked than others, but overall, I have been very happy with every box.
So let’s get to my most recent box, the June Box!
List of Products that I received in my Birchbox (the size of the sample is in parentheses. This is NOT the amount in full size products, unless otherwise noted):
- Amika Obliphica Oil Treatment (0.34 fl oz)
- Kate Spade Eau de Parfum in Twirl (.05 fl oz)
- Laura Geller Baked Blush N’ Brighten in Honey Dipped (0.32 oz, this is FULL SIZE)
- Pangea Organics Facial Toner for Normal/Oily Skin in Italian Green Mandarin & Sweet Lime (1.8 fl oz)
- Pangea Organics Balancing Oil (this is a packet sample. I gave it to my friend because I already have this in full size. Sorry I don’t remember how many fl oz it had.)
- Dr. Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Glow Pad (2 towelettes).